XSlick+ PLUS is our traditional XSlick coating, but instead of the usual nitride undercoat there is a Nickel Boron layer. This increases the overall BCG coating life even longer over the standard XSlick BCG option.
XSlick+ is applied only on the exterior surface due to its aerosol application. This means that on a standard XSlick BCG the interior has a nitride coating. With XSlick+ the BCG now has an improved Nickel Boron base coat making the interior of the carrier easier to clean and extending overall lifetime of the product.
To top it all off we added a Nickel Boron coating to the bolt as well.
XSLICK + Features.
• XSlick+ and Nickel Boron Finished 8620 Carrier
• Nickel Boron Polished Finish 8310 Steel Bolt
• Nickel Boron coated 4140 steel cam pin.
• Extended Coating Life over standard XSlick.
• Easy to clean carrier interior and bolt.
• MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected)
• Bolt Ground per True Mil Spec Specs
• (Not weened) 8620 Carrier (M16 full shroud) Heat Treated, Case Hardened Steel
• Ground after Heat treat to Milspec
• Gas Key 4140 Solid Billet Steel Hardened to USGI Specifications
• 8640 Steel Hard Chrome Plated Firing Pin
• Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
• Gas Key Staked Per Mil-Spec
• Billet 4140 Steel Phosphate Extractor
• Vinton ORing included.
• Weight: 11.456
What is XSlick? A proprietary coating yielding a longer BCG life cycle, an ease of cleaning, less friction, less perceived recoil, impervious to chemical cleaners, NEVER cracks or chips and at a economical price point.
PAMAX XSlick USA Full Cut BCG vs. Nickel Boron (NiB) & NP3
***Nickel Boron (NiB) & NP3 are a nickel plating A major negative side to these applications is that chipping and cracking will occur during the lifetime of its use. Cracking and chipping have been found to occur even with brand new Nickel Boron (NiB) BCGs that have been dry fired only a few times.
***XSlick coating is applied to raw, blasted metal. It adheres to the surface filling all uneven areas, even on a microscopic level. Xslick is guaranteed to never crack or chip.
***Nickel Boron (NiB) is advertised as a "self-lubricating" BCG. This is a sales gimmick and utterly false. (NiB) molecular structure has numerous high points similar to points on a comb. These high points provide a coefficient of friction of roughly .10 however after roughly (1000) cycles the "self-lubricating" high points wear down and the coefficient of friction increases to a .20+
***Nickel Teflon or NP3 bolt carriers usually has a fluctuating coefficient of friction between .08 & .10 This is because the smooth teflon molecules look like small bubbles frozen in place and the number of teflon molecules exposed fluctuates as the coating wears. However, NP3 Bolt Carriers are expensive and still crack and chip.
***XSlick coating is a static .10 coefficient of friction throughout its complete life cycle. Our XSlick coated BCG are yielding cyclic life of up to +6500rds.They NEVER crack or chip and are reasonably priced.
*** All bolt carriers require oil to function at best results. However, Xslick requires less lubricant then NiB and NP3 BCG's making them ideal to run with suppressed systems.
***XSlick can withstand up to 1200 degrees of heat without failure.
***Nickel Boron lasted 48 hours in a corrosion test. NP3 lasted only 96 hours in the corrosion test.
***XSlick lasted over 200 hours in the corrosion test!
***XSlick BCG CAN be re-coated. If you manage to shoot 6500 rounds through your XSlick coated BCG PAMAX Tactical will have their Full Cut M16 Bolt Carrier Group coated again for a small service charge. Other NiB and NP3 carriers are a one-time application. If your coating cracks, chips or wears you have to buy a new carrier!
***XSlick can be applied in various colors.
Friction coefficient Chart: (dry against steel)
High Phos Electroless Nickel = .38
Hard Chrome = .21
Nickel Boron (NiB) = .10 ^ .20 Increase
Nickel Teflon (NP3) = .08 - .10 Fluctuating
XSlick Coating = .10 Static (May increase slightly based on the color option.)
Pros vs. Cons
*Will NEVER Crack or chip.
*Impervious to chemical cleaners
* Coefficient of friction higher then NiB and equal to NP3.
* Inexpensive re-coat to save your BCG
*Rated for temperatures excess of 1200 degrees.
* x4 more resistant to corrosion then NiB & x2 more than NP3.
*Life cycle of +6500rds.
NIB & NP3
* NiB & NP3 Coating that will crack and chip during life cycle.
* NiB & NP3 Can be damaged by Chemical Cleaners
*NiB has a higher coefficient of friction
*NiB & NP3 cannot be re-coated at an affordable price.
* NiB & NP3 Lower performance temperatures
* NiB & NP3 Low resistance to corrosion.
* NiB & NP3 Cyclic Life cycle less than 6500rds.
XSlick is applied exclusively to PAMAX Tactical Full Cut M16 Bolt Carrier Groups.